Safeguarding Children in Wales - The 4R's; Recognise, Respond, Report and Record
CPD Accredited, delivered live online by our safeguarding professionals
Benefits of MyConcern Safeguarding Training
Easy online access to high quality courses that ensure compliance with the statutory DfE Guidance and KLSIE.
Provides you with the skills and confidence to undertake all aspects of your role.
Keep Pupils Safe
Enables you to develop and improve your safeguarding practice and keep children and young people safe more effectively.
Safeguarding Children in Wales- The 4R's; Recognise, Respond, Report and Record
This course is aimed at all staff, including support staff and volunteers, working or coming into contact with children. Establishing the foundations of safeguarding children, you will gain the necessary skills to confidently protect the children within your establishment and demonstrate the appropriate response to your concerns.
Interactive, Live Sessions
Interactive ‘live’ online sessions with a wide range of activities and tools for practical application.
Two 105 minute modules or one 210 minute module, leading to a certificate of achievement.
Delivered by Professionals
Delivered by experienced and highly qualified safeguarding practitioners using real-life scenarios
What Will You Gain From The Course?
To be efficient in your role, responsibilities and to confidently protect the children you work with. You will gain the knowledge, skills and practical approaches to recognise, respond, report and record safeguarding concerns appropriately.
- Identify key legislation and guidance underpinning safeguarding in Wales
- Describe your role, responsibilities, and boundaries
- Identify the categories, signs, and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Identify the impact of ACE's and the importance of Contextual Safeguarding
- Describe the barriers preventing a disclosure and factors that make children more vulnerable to abuse and neglect
- Describe the skills to effectively hear, respond and report a disclosure
- Recognise the importance of sharing information and working together