Safeguarding Children in England; a practical approach
CPD Accredited, delivered live online by our safeguarding professionals
Benefits of MyConcern Safeguarding Training
Easy online access to high quality courses that ensure compliance with the statutory DfE Guidance and KCSIE.
Provides you with the skills and confidence to undertake all aspects of your role as a DSL.
Keep Pupils Safe
Enables you to develop and improve your safeguarding practice and keep children and young people safe more effectively.
DSL Safeguarding Training
This course is aimed at newly appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads or those wishing to revisit the foundations of their role and responsibilities. It will provide you with the everyday skills to confidently protect the children you work with and identify additional measures your establishment can take to strengthen its safeguarding culture.
Interactive, Live Sessions
Interactive ‘live’ online sessions with a wide range of activities and tools for practical application.
Three Modules - Two 105 minute modules and one 120 minute module - leading to a certificate of achievement.
Delivered by Professionals
Delivered by experienced and highly qualified safeguarding practitioners using real-life scenarios.
What Will You Gain From The Course?
To gain the knowledge, skills, and practical approaches to report, manage and refer safeguarding concerns appropriately. To confidently and efficiently protect the children you work with.
- Identify key legislation and guidance underpinning safeguarding children in England
- Describe the role of the Safeguarding Lead
- Define the categories, signs, and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Define the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE's) on behaviour and development
- Describe Contextual Safeguarding and other types of harm that may affect children
- Identify the barriers preventing a disclosure and factors that make children more vulnerable to neglect
- Describe the skills required to effectively listen to, report and manage a disclosure
- Recognise the importance of good recording and sharing information in relation to safeguarding concerns and allegations
- Describe the multi-agency relationship and the role of the school
- Define your organisational safeguarding policies and identify any steps your own organisation can take to strengthen the safeguarding arrangements