Safeguarding Children in England; a practical approach
CPD Accredited, delivered live online by our safeguarding professionals
Benefits of MyConcern Safeguarding Training
DSL Safeguarding Training
This course is aimed at Safeguarding Leads and provides you with the practical every day skills to confidently protect the children you work with. By understanding the responsibilities of your role, you will be equipped to competently make decisions, take appropriate action and accurately record your responses to safeguarding concerns.
You will demonstrate an awareness of the emotional element of safeguarding and identify additional and pro-active measures your own establishment can take to strengthen its safeguarding culture.
What Will You Gain From The Course?
The knowledge, skills and practical approaches to report, manage and refer safeguarding concerns appropriately. To work confidently and efficiently to protect the children you work with.
This course will enable you to fulfil your statutory obligations and cover all the key aspects of the DSL’s role and responsibilities as stated in the DfE Guidance and Keeping Children Safe in Education. You will be equipped to manage safeguarding incidents effectively, improve your decision-making and take the appropriate action in response to safeguarding concerns.
- Identify key legislation and guidance underpinning safeguarding children in England
- Describe the role of the Safeguarding Lead
- Explain the categories, signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Define the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on behaviour and development
- Describe Contextual Safeguarding and other types of harm that may affect children
- Identify the barriers preventing a disclosure and factors that make children more vulnerable to neglect
- Demonstrate the skills required to effectively listen to, report and manage a disclosure
- Understand the importance of good recording and sharing information in relation to safeguarding concerns and allegations
- Demonstrate good working practices between your establishment and statutory agencies
- Explain your organisational safeguarding policies and identify any steps your own organisation can take to strengthen the safeguarding arrangements