Safeguarding Children in Wales; a practical approach
CPD Accredited, delivered live online by our safeguarding professionals
Benefits of MyConcern Safeguarding Training
Easy online access to high quality courses that ensure compliance with the statutory DfE Guidance and KLSIE.
Provides you with the skills and confidence to undertake all aspects of your role as a DSP.
Keep Pupils Safe
Enables you to develop and improve your safeguarding practice and keep children and young people safe more effectively.
DSP safeguarding training
This course is aimed at the newly appointed Designated Safeguarding Person or those wishing to revisit the foundations of their role and responsibilities. It will provide you with the every day skills to confidently protect the children you work with and identify additional measures your establishment can take to strengthen it's safeguarding culture.
Interactive, Live Sessions
Interactive ‘live’ online sessions with a wide range of activities and tools for practical application.
Three 75 minute modules leading to a certificate of achievement.
Delivered by Professionals
Delivered by experienced and highly qualified safeguarding practitioners using real-life scenarios.
What Will You Gain From The Course?
To gain the knowledge, skills, and practical approaches to report, manage and refer safeguarding concerns appropriately. To confidently and efficiently protect the children you work with.
- Identify key legislation and guidance underpinning safeguarding children in Wales
- Describe the role of the Safeguarding Person
- Explain the categories, signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- Define the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on behaviour and development
- Describe Contextual Safeguarding and other types of harm that may affect children
- Identify the barriers preventing a disclosure and factors that make children more vulnerable to neglect
- Demonstrate the skills required to effectively listen to, report and manage a disclosure
- Understand the importance of good recording and sharing information in relation to safeguarding concerns and allegations
- Demonstrate good working practices between your establishment and statutory agencies
- Explain your organisational safeguarding policies and identify any steps your own organisation can take to strengthen its safeguarding arrangements