Safeguarding Governor Course for Schools and Colleges in England
CPD Accredited, delivered live online by our safeguarding professionals
Benefits of our Safeguarding Training
Easy online access to high quality courses that ensure compliance with the statutory DfE Guidance and KCSIE.
Provides you with the skills and confidence to undertake all aspects of your role as a Governor.
Keeps Pupils Safe
Enables you to develop and improve your safeguarding practice and keep children and young people safe more effectively.
Governors Safeguarding Training
Aimed at Safeguarding Governors this course will strengthen your knowledge of safeguarding issues and procedures. You will learn how to effectively work with the senior leadership team whilst developing competence and confidence carrying out your role. This course will also cover child protection policies, procedures, principles and practice.
Interactive, Live Sessions
Interactive ‘live’ online sessions with a wide range of activities and tools for practical application.
Two 75 minute modules leading to a certificate of achievement.
Delivered by Professionals
Delivered by experienced and highly qualified safeguarding practitioners using real-life scenarios.
What Will You Gain From The Course?
To ensure you understand your role in relation to your establishment's safeguarding issues and procedures. To strengthen your knowledge and skills in order to support the Safeguarding Team and challenge when appropriate.
- Identify key legislation and guidance underpinning safeguarding children
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the Safeguarding Governor
- Identify the four categories of abuse and understand how each may impact on children
- Understand how to support the Safeguarding Team
- Describe the Single Central Record and the importance of Safer Recruitment
- Explain the process of dealing with allegations against staff
- Describe the voice of the child effectively to ensure all safeguarding procedures meet their needs
- Recognise the importance of sharing information and working in partnership